Monday, May 4, 2009

TO MY NEPHEW YUAN

I know that by the time my nephew, Yuan, will become of age and will read this blog, he will truly be happy that he is his tito’s most favorite nephew. I know that if I’ll be having more nephews and nieces or children someday, all of them will understand that this is also for all of them.

You know sometime when the times of our life seems so hard to understand, God is so good that He is always sending us someone in a most amazing and surprising ways in order for us to be happy and at all times be inspired and still be on course.

Yuan, who’s true name is John Roderick whose taken from his paternal and maternal grandfathers’ name respectively. He came to our life last December 18, 2001, when our family was struggling hard to survive after my father left his job and we ventured on a business all of us had had no experienced. It was the time when my elder sister Aloha, Yuan’s mother, went to Manila and joined Edgar, Yuan’s father, and it was very hard for our parents most especially because we are a very close-knit family. Aloha was the first in our family to separate from us (ironically she is staying right now in our parent’s home). It was very difficult for us because we were struggling at that time and our business was really not doing good. Our home at that time was very empty because all of us were at the store helping our parents, and there was no joy. My father was very sad because Aloha left the family with no explainations and no blessings.

Then December 2001, my sister and brother-in-law came and said that they had decided to stay here in Iligan until my sister will give birth. My father was elated of their decision. It’s like a single light flickering inside our home.

One beautiful day of December 18, 2001, Yuan was born. It was the happiest day in all of our lives. I was the only one who made contacts with the midwives at the local birthing clinics because my parents, brother and sister, relatives and even Edgar (yuan’s father) were all in panic. My sister was having a difficult labor so we transferred her to a private hospital.

Yuan, a very beautiful Child, was born on December 18, few days before Christmas. I could never forget that moment when it’s like our home was in a full graces of light. He was the center of everything. We forgot our business, our works and our daily life because we were always watching this beautiful child. It was the day that we were again truly happy.

To us, Yuan is truly an inspiring child. Even right now, if i’m down and very sad, he will always make me happy by his songs, dances and all things just to make us all happy.

I’m always praying that he will become a good person and a true Christian. Everyday I have to remind him that he should pray and talk to his Papa Jesus and ask for His protection and blessing which he always does. We always try to imbue to Yuan things that will make him a better person someday.

Sometime our family is meeting problems that seems cannot be solved, the laughter and the smiles of Yuan would fill our day with joy. Personally, Yuan is the greatest thing that came into our life that united us as a family. Maybe he knows when I’m happy and sometimes I’m quite surprised that he knows when I’m sad because he would sing to me songs and will always tell me about his Papa Jesus and that I should not be sad.

Right now, another nephew came, Nikki is her name. I told Yuan to guard and take care of his cousin. We really enjoyed seeing Yuan watching Nikki beside the crib. Very beautiful! They are all beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment